Southwark Adult Learning
Our family learning programmes are designed to help adults develop the skills they need to support their child’s learning in English, Maths, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Information Technology and supporting homework.
Our programmes allow families to learn together in a range of relaxed and informal environments. We have successful partnerships with schools, children’s centres and community groups that enhance the support we offer for family engagement, educational achievement and social cohesion.
The Family Learning offer
We co-ordinate the Family Learning Action Group (FLAG) which is a group made up of different professionals and practitioners who share good practice that promotes and enhances family learning. We are proud to share our successes in engaging hard to reach families, specifically targeted groups and those who are furthest away from learning.
- Tailor made courses for families that include qualification progression opportunities.
- Adult learning courses that provide opportunities to learn new creative skills.
- Sessions held in local learning spaces with bespoke facilities and experienced tutors.
- Flexibility, with courses starting each term.
- Basic skills qualifications in literacy, numeracy and ESOL.
- Work related qualifications in childcare, first-aid, food hygiene and teaching and learning (CACHE level 2).
- A supportive and friendly study environment.
- Promotion of personal wellbeing and development through courses in art and crafts, painting and pottery.
For further information about courses and how to enrol please visit the Southwark Council website