In the Education Business Alliance (EBA) our aim is to raise aspirations and introduce the next generation of talented young people to the world of work by bringing schools and businesses together through creative and engaging projects.
The Education Business Alliance offer
We have over 15 years of experience in brokering relationships with businesses and schools and in delivering effective work related learning activities and skill developing projects. We work with both primary and secondary schools to prepare young people for the world of work by creating an environment where new goals arise and aspirations grow.
Working in partnership with a variety of businesses across a diverse range of industries, we provide young people with a realistic picture of the job market, understanding of employers’ requirements and authentic experience of the working culture.
- Volunteer readers for primary schools
- Financial literacy for primary and secondary schools
- Secondary mentoring
- Business visits – Opportunity to be guests at a local employer
- Coordinate work experience
- Volunteer guest speakers delivering short talks to young people on their career journey
- Annual Careers Fair
- Young Entrepreneurs project where young people have the opportunity to sell their product in Borough Market for a day
- Apprenticeships and Internships
Our programmes provide an excellent opportunity for employees to give back to their community through volunteering their time and inspiring young generations in one of the most diverse boroughs in London. All volunteers undertake training provided by the EBA and are Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checked.
The EBA also manages Southwark Council’s scholarship scheme which each year sponsors a cohort of young people by paying their university tuition fees (further details available on the website).