FGM and Breast Ironing awareness: 28.11.23 (AM)
PriceLogin to view prices
CategoryEarly Years PVI
Target audienceEarly Years PVI
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and Breast Flattening/Ironing are forms of child abuse and violence against women and girls, and therefore should be dealt with as part of existing child (and adult) protection structures, policies and procedures.
3.6. of the EYFS (2023) states that training made available by the provider must enable staff to identify signs of possible abuse and neglect at the earliest opportunity, and to respond in a timely and appropriate way. These may includeany reasons to suspect neglect or abuse outside the setting, for example in the child’s home or that a girl may have been subjected to (or is at risk of) female genital mutilation.
• To enable individuals to understand why FGM and Breast Ironing happens and recognise the types of FGM and potential community issues
• To explore the impact on health of FGM and Breast Ironing on victims, including children
• To identify risk indicators before / after FGM / Breast Ironing has taken place
• To increase awareness of the law in relataion to FGM
• Assessing and managing risk to increase safety of victims and children
• To understand the Safeguarding referral processes
Upcoming related courses
Professional Development View all our courses and packages